Jafar Panahi the Iranian film maker who have won several international awards in a telephone conversation today -Tuesday from Evin prison with his wife told her that; he didn't eat food since Sunday morning in protest to an attack on ward number 56 in Evin prison on Saturday night by the prison guards.
Mr. Panahi red a letter to his wife indicating that ;on Saturday night prison guards attacked their ward and forced all prisoners to becom naked in a cold weather. the prison guards accused him of taking film from the ward.Mr. Panahi rejected the allegation and said ; the guards threatened him and told him that ; they will arrest all members of his family and if he will not cooperate they will transfer his daughter to an insecured prison in Rejaei Shahr prison.
Mr. Panahi was arrested on last March and since then he is in prison . He said since Sunday morning he didn't eat or drink anything and if the prison official continue their mental and physical torture and harrasments he will contnue not to eat or drink.
Mr. Panahi was arrested on last march in his home with several friends.Upto now he spent 77 days in prison .He was accused of planning to make a film against Islamic Republic.
Iranian Film maker Mr. Jafar Panahi red his demands for his wife and said if they are not met he will continue the hunger strike until he is dead and aske the authority to give his dead body to his wife so that wherever they wish to bury. The demands are:
1-Have a contact with his family to make sure they are safe .
2-To have the right to speak to a lawyer after spending 77 days in prison.
3-Unconditional release upto the time of trial
Mr. Panahi was arrested because of his supporter for green movement .
Link to this news: